Campus Emergency Exercise Today - May 28, 2015

On Thursday, May 28, Davidson College will conduct a full-scale campus emergency exercise in conjunction with Davidson Police, Davidson Fire Department, Cornelius Fire Department, Mount Mourne Fire Department and Mooresville Fire Department.

The event will occur on the main campus area, and the college asks that the general public avoid the area as much as possible from 9 a.m. until noon. The event will include the presence of emergency vehicles, equipment and personnel.

The exercise is part of regular emergency preparedness activities the college performs every year.

Web alert 1 posted at 9:15 a.m. (sm) | Web alert 2 posted at 9:25 a.m. (sm) | Web alert 3 posted at 9:38 a.m. (sm) | Web alert 4 posted at 9:52 a.m., updated at 10:15 a.m. (sm) | Web alert 5 posted at 10:45 a.m., updated at 11 a.m., updated at 11:20 a.m., updated at 11:40 a.m. (sm)

Campus Emergency Exercise Today - May 28, 2015

Policy on Courses Taken Elsewhere

Art majors may receive up to two credits towards their major for courses taken elsewhere.

  • You should have your transcript sent from the school to the Registrar's Office at Davidson
  • If the Registrar awards Art 198 or 199 credit(s) for the studio and/or art history courses, then you will need to submit documentation of work done to the department assistant, Brenda King
  • Submissions should be made by October 10 for the previous spring semester's courses, or by March 10 for the fall semester's courses
  • Documentation includes the syllabus, class notes, any papers written, projects undertaken, tests, and the final examination
  • For a studio class, all two-dimensional work and documentation of three-dimensional work should also be submitted
  • A Review for Credit form, available through the department assistant, should accompany each set of materials
  • A copy of the notification of Art 198 or 199 credit should also be included.
  • The material will be evaluated by a committee of either studio or art history faculty, as appropriate, in order to determine whether the work meets Art Department standards for credit toward the major. If so, the course number will be converted to Art 298 (Art History) or Art 299 (Studio). 
  • If, in the faculty's opinion, the case is borderline, you will be asked to pass a test to verify your competency in the subject matter of the course in question.

Reminder: The Art Department does not assign credit for graduation. Credits are assigned by the Registrar's Office.