The Biology Department regularly updates opportunities for students to participate in research around the country. This is a working list; double-check application due dates, as they vary.
- Medical Missionaries Global Health Fellowship 2014-15 (DOC), St. Joseph's Clinic, Thomassique, Haiti.
- Research positions, U.S. EPA, National Center for Computational Toxicology (NCCT), Research Triangle Park, N.C.
- Student research program, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Bethesda, Md.
- Summer field biology program for Native American students (PDF), University of Notre Dame.
- Humpback Whale Field Intensive Project Session, Marine and Coastal Ecology Research Center, Puerto Rico.
- Summer Research Program, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Undergraduate Biology Education Research (UBER), University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
- MOTE Marine Laboratory Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU), Mote Marine Laboratory, Sarasota, Fla.
- Summer Undergraduate Research in Physiology (SURP), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Environment America Fellow - deadline Feb. 16
- University of Virginia Summer Research Internship Program (SRIP) - Charlottesville, Va.
- Broad Institute Summer Research Program in Genomics
- Unversity of Washington AMGEN Scholars - Seattle, Wash.
- STREAMS Wright State University - Dayton, Ohio.
- Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy (SURF) - Rutgers University, Piscataway, N.J.
- Summer Internship Program (SIP) in Biomedical Research, NIH - Md.
- Summer Research Opportunities, Loma Linda University - Loma Linda, Calif.
- NIH/NCI-funded Pediatric Oncology Education (POE) Program, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tenn.
- Intramural NIAID Research Opportunities (INRO), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Md.
- Cornell University Summer Research Scholars Program - Geneva, N.Y.
- Medical University of South Carolina SURP - Charleston, S.C.
- Pharmacy Research Summer Interns (PRSI), Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy - Clinton, S.C.
- Suburban Ecology and Invasive Species REU, University of Kentucky - Lexington, Ky.
- Bank of America/Kemp Scholars
- FDA Summer Research Program National Center for Toxilogical Research - Jefferson, Ark.
- STAR Program, Georgia Regents University - Augusta, Ga.
- SwitchPoint Student Contest
- Genetics Society of America, Undergraduate Travel Award
- BCMP Summer Scholars - Summer Internship Program, Harvard Medical School - Boston, Mass.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellows (SURF), Drexel University College of Medicine - Philadelphia, Pa.
- Clinical Research Associate Job, The Cancer Foundation - New York City, N.Y.
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates Site in Sensory Ecology, University of Cincinnati - Cincinnati, Ohio
- Land Stewardship Internship, Catawba Lands Conservancy
- Clinical Oncology Research Experience (CORE) Fellowships (DOC), Davidson College and Levine Cancer Institute at Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, N.C.
- Summer Student Academy in Biomedical Research, City of Hope's Irell and Manella Graduate School of Biological Science, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships, DOE labs.
- Department of Energy Scholars Program, various locations.
- Community College Internship, DOE labs.
- Visiting Faculty Program, DOE labs.
- Field Biology Program, University of Notre Dame Environmental Research Center.
- Amgen UROP Scholars Program, MIT laboratories, various locations.
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Research Internship for rising seniors, Seattle, Washington.
- Gerstner Sloan-Kettering Undergraduate Research Program, New York, N.Y.
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) Fellowship at CDC, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- BP-ENDURE Summer Neuroscience Research Program for individuals of diversity, Center for Neural Science, New York University, N.Y. Contact: Chiye Aoki
- Plant Genomics @ MSU summer program, Michigan State university, East Lansing, Mich.
- Pediatric Oncology Education Program, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tenn.
- MURF Undergraduate Research Fellowships, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Calif.
- AMGEN Scholars Program, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Calif.
- Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship Program, Office of Fossil Energy, U.S. Department of Energy, various locations.
- Growing up STEM summer research program, North Dakota State University, Fargo, N.D.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security STEM Summer Internships, various locations.
- CHOOSE Development! program, Society for Developmental Biology, Bethesda, Md.
- 2014 Nebraska Summer Research Program, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, Neb.