Ph.D., M.Phil., M.A. Yale University
B.A. Duke University
I specialize in 20th- and 21st-century British literature. My research and teaching interests include British and American literature since 1945, modern British literature, the history of the novel, contemporary fiction, modern drama, and postcolonial studies.
My current book project explores the role of the artist manqué in the development of postwar British fiction.
- WRI 101 Thinking Girls, Thinking Boys
- ENG 100 Beyond Prince Charming
- ENG 220 Literary Analysis
- ENG 260 British Literature Since 1800
- ENG 295 Women Writers
- ENG 360 British Literature Since 1945
- ENG 360 Desire
- ENG 363 History of the Novel
- ENG 372 British Fiction: Dickens to the Present
- ENG 372 British Fiction: 19th-20th Centuries
- CIS 393 Advanced Research Methods in the Humanities
- ENG 472 Seminar - "Twenty-First Century British Fiction"
- ENG 472 Seminar - "Fallen Women"
- ENG 492 Seminar - "Gossip"