Details for our 35th Reunion, June 6-8, are coming together and we hope you are planning to come back to campus. The 35th Reunion committee has put together a weekend you won't want to miss. Register today and see who is coming.
Here are some of the Class of 1979 plans:
Thursday, June 5
- We will unofficially kick-off the weekend at the new on-campus Summit Coffee at 7 p.m. on Patterson Court. Don't miss this chance to gather with classmates and reconnect before Reunion Weekend begins.
Friday, June 6
- Starting at 10 a.m. there will be back-to-school classes, campus tours, and much more - check out the full schedule.
- At 6 p.m., we'll attend the the all-alumni Kick-off Party in the Alvarez College Union. Don't miss the live music and delicious food! Our class will cluster on the top floor of the Union.
Saturday, June 7
- At 9:15 a.m. our class will gather in the C. Shaw Smith 900 Room to remember classmates who have passed away. We will celebrate their lives and reflect on how they helped to shape our class.
- Saturday afternoon, we'll revisit one of the the best Davidson traditions: Flickerball. Gather on Hill Field, the field to the left of Baker Sports Complex, at 2 p.m. if you want to join in the fun!
- Saturday evening, join us for a reception and dinner at 7 p.m. in the Lilly Family Gallery. We will screen a 35th Reunion video created by Eddie Nicholson and attempt to answer class trivia.
Visit the schedule of events page to see the full schedule for the weekend, and continue visiting this page for updates as we get closer to the weekend. We look forward to seeing each of you in June!
Ann Hayes Browning
Mary Jo Clark
Kim Rieck Fisher
Bev Bortell Hope
|Jamie Watt Jones
Cissi Fulenwider Lyles
Sara Tatum Pottenger
Canda Simmons Rozier
Relive our college memories and put names with faces by reviewing the Quips and Cranks from our time at Davidson through the Davidson College online library archives.
For our 35th Reunion Class Gift, we celebrate the many ways '79 supports the college. This includes:
- All dollars. Whether you give to The Fund for Davidson or a specific scholarship, professorship, or capital project, all money given to Davidson during the current fiscal year (July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014) will be included.
- All multi-year commitments made this year. Planning ahead allows you to be strategic in your philanthropy and helps the college better predict future revenue. You'll also hear from the college less-you can even choose when to be reminded about making your annual gift!
- Any good faith estimate of a planned gift. See planned giving options appropriate to your age group.In honor of the impact that Davidson has had, and continues to have, on our lives, please consider supporting the Class of 1979 Davidson Trust Scholarship both this year and in future years. We are the first class to begin an effort to raise endowed scholarship funds for a gift that can endure for generations. The impact of this scholarship promises to be profound.
In honor of the impact that Davidson has had, and continues to have, on our lives, please consider supporting the Class of 1979 Davidson Trust Scholarship both this year and in future years. We are the first class to begin an effort to raise endowed scholarship funds for a gift that can endure for generations. The impact of this scholarship promises to be profound.
However you choose to participate, our Class Gift offers a unique opportunity to support the area of Davidson most meaningful to you and say "thank you" to alma mater by making a special gift in honor of your time on campus. Your gift also preserves the Davidson experience for current and future students. Make your gift today!
If you have questions about your reunion gift, please email the Annual Giving Office or call 704-894-2680.