We welcome our guest users of the Library and ask that they follow these guidelines.
- Please sign the guest register at the Information Desk each time you visit the library so that we can have a record of your visit.
- The library is a place for study and research, and all guests are expected to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to those endeavors.
- Materials can be used in the building only. They may not be checked out.
- Most resources may be used if Davidson College students or faculty members are not using them. However, those persons with Davidson College affiliation always have priority. Some electronic resources are legally limited to use by only Davidson students, faculty and staff.
Note: All residents of North Carolina have access to the resources of NC LIVE both from their public libraries and from their home computers.
- Limited reference service is available to our guests. Again, our students and faculty members must come first.
- Users of high school age and under will probably find the materials in our collection to be beyond their needs. They are encouraged to use their local school and public libraries and NC LIVE. Groups of students or classes (either formal or informal) cannot be accommodated due to resource and space restrictions.
- Photocopiers are available if they are not already in use by Davidson students or faculty members. Copies are $.05 per page, and all copiers are coin operated. Guests doing extensive copying will be expected to step aside to allow access to Davidson students, faculty, or staff.
- Printing is allowed, but guests are asked to pay for copies in excess of 10 pages ($.05 per page).
- Interlibrary Loan service is available only to Davidson students, faculty, and staff. Check at your public library if you need this service.
- Use of materials in the Archives and Special Collections is available by appointment only.
- Guests may use the library's public access computer as long as they are not needed by Davidson students, faculty, or staff. Other computers require campus network logins and are available only to those affiliated with Davidson College.