Our closest recruiting partners work with our office throughout the year to identify and attract the right candidates to work at their companies. Consider supporting your recruiting efforts through job shadowing, the internship challenge, interview prep sessions and other methods to strengthen your profile on Davidson's campus.
Prepare Your Candidates
Here are a few ways to help students prepare more effectively for an interview with your company without revealing too much:
- Make sure that the job description is up-to-date and complete.
- Ask parents or alumni to help field questions about the work in the days leading up to the interview. Share names and contact information with us if you know of people who wish to help.
- When possible, use Davidson alumni at your company for interview preparation sessions either on campus or through other sources. We can help you arrange these times.
Alumni and Parent Involvement
Davidson parents and alumni are often the driving force behind full-time positions or internships for the current generation of Davidson students. We have two programs designed exclusively to make this support easier:
- Job Shadowing - A 1-day, on-site visit for a current student to learn more about your company and field of work.
- Davidson Internship and Job Challenge - Parents and alumni who can be helpful to current students in obtaining internships within their companies should sign-on for the Internship and Job Challenge.
- Career Session - We host a number of panel discussions and industry-specific workshops on campus throughout the year. Contact Jeff Kniple to see if there is a way for your staff to join us for an upcoming talk.
- Career Development blog - Our office has a blog with regular articles about companies, job search information, Davidson alumni profiles and much more. Contact Jeff Kniple if you would like to contribute by guest writing a post.
- Student Activities groups - Learn more about the hundreds of organizations on campus and consider reaching out to them to become a partner for an upcoming event. (A list of student organization leaders can be found on that page.)