Beginning in the Fall of 2013, the Center for Career Development will require students who wish to apply to jobs through WildcatLink to have a résumé or CV approved by a member of the staff prior to uploading documents to the system.
Download the Résumé Rubric (PDF)
Download the CV Rubric (PDF)
This new policy will apply to all class years in the following way:
- Students will need to go through the résumé and CV approval process twice during their time at Davidson. The first time will be as a first-year or sophomore, and then again as a junior or senior. (Students beginning their junior or senior year in the fall of 2013 will only need to go through the process one time.)
- Once a student has a résumé or CV approved, they will not need to have future revisions of the résumé or CV approved by our staff unless their class year has shifted as listed above.
- If a résumé or CV is reviewed and not approved, a review sheet will be shared so that students know what needs to be changed to be approved the next time.
- Previous résumés and CVs will not be deleted from WildcatLink, but will be unavailable for students when they log into the system beginning on August 16, 2013. (Career Development staff members can retrieve them for students if necessary.)
With some deadlines for fulltime employment coming in the first weeks of school, we know that there will be an urgent need for students to go through the review process quickly. Here is how students may access the staff in the Center for Career Development for reviews:
- Our office will only conduct walk-in meetings for the first two weeks of school between the hours of 9 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday. This will allow the maximum number of students to be seen during this time. Check with the office for the hours available.
- Students who are available to visit the office this summer can make appointments for a résumé or CV review as well.
- Students who are currently studying abroad, and students needing approval during fall, winter or spring breaks can submit a résumé or CV to email@example.com for an advisor to consider.
- After the first two weeks of school, students should use regular walk-in hours 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday and 11 a.m. to noon, Tuesday and Thursday, or schedule appointments with career counselors for approval of résumés.
We will only allow students going abroad in the Fall semester to submit résumés electronically for approval over the summer of 2013.