ITS provides a pool of Dell and Macintosh loaner laptops for faculty and staff use. The loaner laptops are to be used for college business. Travelling faculty and staff have priority.
Laptops are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
The normal loan period is five days, however, extended use may be arranged in advance.
- You must log onto the campus network once before you take the laptop off-campus. You will do this when you pick-up the laptop.
- You must work with your Internet Service Provider to resolve any problems you may experience connecting to the Internet from off-campus.
- You should uninstall any software you loaded and remove any data files you created before returning the laptop to ITS.
- On a Windows computer, go to Start/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs. Select the program you installed and select Remove.
- On a Macintosh computer, run the installer application again, but this time select the "uninstall" feature. You can also drag the program icon and/or folder into the trash and empty the trash.
If you intend to board an airline with the laptop:
- Due to the new airline flight regulations, you will most likely be asked to open and/or log onto the laptop.
- You must carry the laptop onto the airline (do not check it as luggage). The college insurance policy mandates that every precaution be taken to prevent theft. The laptop will be covered by college insurance provided that you abide by this policy.
Email the Help Desk with your loaner laptop request three days prior to your anticipated need. Our staff will contact you regarding availability. Once confirmed, you will pick up the laptop at the Help Desk in the User Services Building during regular business hours on the first date of your reservation.
*If you need to extend your reservation for any reason, please email the ITS Help Desk and include your Help Desk case number in the subject line.