You are encouraged to apply as early as possible. The application, your 300 word essay, as well as the recommendations from your secondary school principal and counselor are due, (emailed, faxed, or postmarked) by Friday, March 28, 2014. Secondary school counselors must include an official high school transcript as well as a high school profile sheet with your recommendation form.
Two Application Methods
- Online Application
Students, including international students, are encouraged to use this system. You must complete the online application in its entirety and submit it in one online session. Upon submission of the online application, there will be a link for access to the recommendation forms for secondary school principals and counselors. These forms should be printed and given to the appropriate secondary school individuals for completion. These forms should be mailed to July Experience Office, Box 7151, Davidson, NC 28035.
- Paper Application (PDF)
Please print the application, complete it, and mail it to July Experience Office, Box 7151, Davidson, NC 28035. Also, please print the secondary school principal recommendation form (PDF) and the counselor recommendation form (PDF) and have them completed by the appropriate personnel and mailed to the same mailing address noted above.
Applications are not complete until the July Experience Office receives the following items.
- Online application or paper application
- Submission of your 300 word essay
- Recommendation form from your secondary school principal
- Recommendation form from your secondary school counselor with official high school transcript as well as a high school profile sheet
If you are applying for financial aid, please refer to the Scholarship and Financial Aid page for additional information.
The total cost of the 2014 July Experience is $3,900. Tuition covers the following areas.
- Room and board
- Laundry once a week
- Cost of textbook(s)
- U.S. National Whitewater Center activity fees'
Tuition does not include travel expenses and personal spending money.
Deposits & Refunds
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due within 10 days of your notification of acceptance
- The balance of the fee is due, postmarked by Wednesday, May 28, 2014
- There is no refund for early departure from the program
For questions about the program or the application process, please contact the July Experience Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.