July Experience is designed for mature, responsible, rising high school juniors and seniors capable of self-discipline. This is an academically rigorous program and both professors and program staff hold students to high standards of conduct:
- July Experience students take full responsibility for upholding the Davidson College Honor Code and will be required to sign a commitment to the honor code at the beginning of the program.
- No student may leave campus without the permission of the associate director or the director of July Experience. Visitation by parents and friends is discouraged. Students are not permitted to bring personal vehicles or pets to campus.
- Davidson College strives to provide an inclusive and safe environment for all students. Respect for staff, faculty, students, and all members of the Davidson community is expected and required.
- Alcohol or drug use will not be tolerated. Any student found with alcohol or illegal drugs in his/her possession or any student who uses these substances will be dismissed from the program. Smoking is prohibited on the Davidson College campus for July Experience participants.
- Any damage to college property will be paid for by the student responsible. If it is impossible to determine the individual at fault, the group involved will be assessed damages.
- Violations will be dealt with on campus by the associate director and director of July Experience. If necessary, parents will be notified of violations. Students may be dismissed from the program for serious infractions.