The college chaplains remain available to all members of the college community - those of any faith tradition, or none at all - to offer confidential spiritual direction and pastoral counseling. They also can assist individuals in determining whether additional counseling with a clinically trained therapist might be helpful.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule a counseling appointment with a chaplain, call the office at 704-894-2423 or email the chaplain directly.
The office is located next to the elevator on the 4th floor of the Alvarez College Union.
- When might you seek spiritual direction or pastoral counseling?
- When you would like someone to talk and pray with you about matters that concern you.
- When you are trying to discern your sense of career direction or sense of calling.
- When you are questioning your religious beliefs and convictions.
- When you are experiencing grief at the loss of someone you love.
- When you would like to reflect on important relationships in your life, with parents or siblings or a boyfriend/girlfriend.
- When you are faced with important decisions or choices, and want to reflect on how they connect to your faith and values.
- When you're struggling with issues related to emotional, physical, or sexual abuse.
- When you are wondering how to help a friend who is struggling.
- When you are thinking about your sexuality (including sexual orientation) and how it relates to faith or scripture.