As the college search and selection process becomes increasingly more dynamic and demanding, it is more important than ever that we all work together to support students and their families in that process.
This resource page is designed for those of you who are secondary school counselors and community-based organization advisers to enhance communication between you and the members of our admission and financial aid staff.
If you have any questions about Davidson or if there are other topics you'd like to see addressed on this page or quarterly counselor e-newsletter, please email our Counselor Relations Coordinator, Ms. Gardner Roller Ligo, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WAIT LIST 101
Students who have been offered a spot on a college Wait List face a special set of challenges, for they have to make both a now and a what if? set of choices. At Davidson, here's Wait List 101:
- Students offered a Davidson Wait List spot replied to accept or decline that offer by April 9.
- Recognizing and honoring the May 1 National Candidates' Reply Date, we anticipate making our first Wait List offers of admission in early May.
- Students who have accepted Wait List offers should make a deposit at their next choice college in order to protect a fall enrollment opportunity.
- Students admitted from the Davidson Wait List are eligible for all the financial aid benefits of The Davidson Trust.
Other Wait List questions? We invite your students to contact their regional admission counselors.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Davidson's commitment to access and affordability has never been stronger. Find information for prospective and current students, including applying for aid, scholarships, and more.
The Davidson Trust
The Davidson Trust makes it possible for talented students from all backgrounds to imagine coming to Davidson, and for graduates to plan for their futures based on their interests and passions by making these promises:
- to guarantee that all admission decisions are need-blind.
- to meet 100 percent of demonstrated financial need of ever accepted student
- to meet that need through a combination of grants and campus employment only—no loans are imposed in a Davidson Trust financial aid package.
- April 5-7: Celebration and Recognition Weekend.
- April 7: Decision Davidson I for students admitted to the Class of 2022.
- April 23: Decision Davidson II for students admitted to the Class of 2022.
- May 1: National Candidates' Reply Date
Applicant Selection Process
Our application selection process is a holistic one, giving students the chance to be recognized for their individual talents, intellect, and achievements.
Davidson College is dedicated to intellectual and cultural growth in the broadest sense. We welcomed students from 41 states and 23 countries to the Class of 2021.
Plan a Visit
The best way to learn about all that Davidson has to offer is to experience it in person. You can help a student plan an individual visit to include an information session and campus tour. Or you can plan a visit for yourself or for a group.
Connect With Your Regional Counselor
The member of our counseling staff who represents your state or region is always happy to hear from you. To connect with your counselor, view your state on our travel map or visit our travel schedule page to find out when we'll be in your area.