Davidson welcomes talented international students as a vital part of our campus community. Here you'll find specific requirements international students should note when applying to Davidson.
Download our International Information Sheet (PDF) for more details on fees, financial aid and more.
- Prior to enrolling at Davidson, you should have completed a program of study at the secondary school level expected of a student preparing for university entrance in your own country.
- All applicants must take the SAT or the ACT. Test scores must be sent directly to Davidson by the testing agency.
- Non-native English speakers must provide evidence of fluency in English through writing samples and successful performance on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). TOEFL or IELTS scores must be sent directly to Davidson by the testing agency.
- If you have attended college and earned credit toward an undergraduate degree, your application will be considered as a transfer application. Please note that due to the limited number of spaces available to transfer students, it is a rare exception that international students are admitted as transfer applicants. Financial assistance is not available for international transfer students.
- International applicants must submit the Certification of Finances form, which is required for issuance of an I-20 to admitted students. Please be aware of delays inherent in international mailings.
The College Board number for Davidson College is 5150.
No application fee is required of international applicants.
- A very limited number of students who are non-U.S. citizens receive financial assistance each year. This assistance varies in amount and takes into account a combination of financial need and merit.
- If you wish to apply for financial assistance from Davidson, you must complete:
For more information, contact the Office of Admission at 800-768-0380.