Accessibility Navigation:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find the answers to your questions about accessing and paying your student bill, obtaining a health insurance waiver, and more.

How do I access my tuition invoice?  If you are a student, you may access your tuition information through Banner Self-Service. If you are not a student and have been granted proxy access, you may access your student's tuition information through our Banner Web Proxy website.

I paid $1,000 for my enrollment deposit. Why is only $500 reflected on my bill? As per your acceptance letter, one-half of your enrollment deposit is applied to your first tuition bill. The second-half is maintained in a holding account while you are enrolled. Upon your graduation, the held deposit is refunded-minus any fees and fines.

Does Davidson College accept credit card as a form of payment for tuition and other related fees? Yes, we accept debit and credit cards and electronic check payments online through ECSI. Use of e-checks is free; a 2.75% processing fee will be added for debit/credit card payments.

Does Davidson College offer a monthly payment plan? Yes. Our authorized payment plan provider is ECSI. There is a $40 application fee to enroll in the plan and all payments are interest-free if made on time. 

It is imperative that you continue to monitor your Davidson College bill via the Banner Web or Banner Web Proxy as payments to ECSI will not be automatically adjusted to include activity incurred after your monthly payment has been established. If additional activity will cause you to owe more than your original estimate, you may pay the college directly or you may contact Business Services at to increase your remaining payments to cover the additional charges.

To obtain more information or sign up for a plan, visit the ECSI page, click on the "Students" tab, select "Apply for a Monthly Tuition Payment Plan" and then choose Davidson College from the list of participating schools.

I do not need the college's health insurance. How do I waive the insurance and what is the waiver deadline? If you are covered by another plan and do not wish to have supplemental coverage, simply complete the online waiver. This waiver must be submitted no later than the due date specified on our Additional Fees page.

I do not want to purchase the tuition refund insurance. How do I waive the insurance and what is the waiver deadline? Students who wish to decline the tuition-refund insurance coverage must complete an online waiver. Detailed information may be obtained by calling 617-774-1555 or online through AWG Dewar, Inc. This waiver must be submitted no later than the due date specified on our Additional Fees page.

Am I required to have a minimum meal plan? First year students are automatically enrolled in a 21-meal plan for the fall semester. Spring semester, first year students are enrolled in a 16-meal plan or may opt back into the 21-meal plan. All students must enroll in a college meal plan each semester. The minimum college meal plan is the 75 Block Plan, but students may elect a higher meal plan. Students sign-up for a meal plan each semester. For more information about the program, visit Dining Services.

What is the difference between authorized financial aid and memo credits? Authorized financial aid is aid disbursed by us. Memo credits are items that are expected to be received from another source, such as Pell Grant, Loans and ECSI payment, and are credited to your account when actually received by us. Both items reflect a reduction of the total amount due.

I am receiving a grant or scholarship from an outside source and do not see this listed on my bill. To what address should my outside source send payment and may I subtract this from my total due? Yes, you may subtract anticipated payments from outside sources from your total due, unless you are receiving need-based financial aid. If you are receiving need-based financial aid, you must check with our Financial Aid Office before subtracting any amount, so that we may determine if your financial aid package will be adjusted. Please direct all payments to:

Davidson College
Attn: Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Box 7162
Davidson, NC 28035-7162

Please call our Financial Aid Office at 704-894-2232 for outside grant/scholarship questions.

Who do I contact if there is a discrepancy between my financial aid award letter and my invoice? Please contact the Financial Aid Office at 704-894-2232.

My insurance company requires verification that my son/daughter is a full-time student. Which office do I contact? Please contact our Registrar's Office at 704-894-2227.

Can first-year students have a car on campus? How do I register my vehicle? Do I have to register my vehicle if I am living off campus? Yes, any student may have a car on campus. You must register your vehicle with our College Police Department within 48 hours of arrival. Add the applicable fee to your total due. Add the applicable fee to your total due. Your parking decal will be in your campus mailbox when you arrive on campus.

If my student has a balance on his/her account, can this be transferred to his/her CatCard? Yes. Email and specify the amount that you would like transferred to your CatCard.

Can I prepay tuition in full? Is there a discount? You may certainly pay all four years in advance, but there is no discount for prepayment. The funds will remain in your account and charges each semester will be posted to reduce the balance.

How do I pay deposits for study abroad trips? You can pay your deposit online, by intercampus mail to Box 7162, or in person at Jackson Court #2.

How do I address letters to my student? For items sent through the USPS use the following format:

Student Name
Davidson, NC 28035-XXXX (student's box number)

For items sent through delivery services such as FedEx, UPS or DHL use the following format:

Student Name (Box #)
209 Ridge Road
Davidson, NC 28035

How do I update my mail forwarding address? Permanent residence changes are handled by our Registrar's Office. Campus addresses are handled by the Residence Life Office.

I received payment from the college as a Scholarship (Research) Fellow. Will I receive a Form W-2 or Form 1099? Payments to Scholarship (Research) Fellows have been deemed to be non-qualified scholarship payments. These payments should be included in the recipient's taxable income, but are not subject to information reporting by the College unless the recipient is a nonresident alien. (If your payment was for services provided as a Research Assistant or Student Employee, you will receive a form W-2. See our Payroll webpage for additional information.)