The Center for Career Development aims to empower students to assess and achieve their post-graduate goals. We help them explore career paths based on their personalities, interests, skills and values; prepare for life after Davidson by networking with alumni and gaining relevant experience; and succeed by securing internships, employment, and further education in their fields of interest. We aspire to see each student graduate excited for and confident about their professional, academic, spiritual or personal pursuits.
Our office operates in accordance with our core values:
- Advocacy for the Liberal Arts and Sciences: We believe that education in the liberal arts and sciences is an end in itself, the foundation for responsible engagement in the world and the best preparation for the pursuit of a creative and useful life.
- Student-Centered Approach: We create a warm and welcoming environment that fosters positive, meaningful relationships between students and staff.
- Equity: We work to give all students access to a wide range of opportunities and experiences and to treat employers equally and fairly during the recruiting process.
- Diversity and Individuality: We value the individuality of our students; we respect and support their unique differences and specific needs.
- Innovation: We pursue innovation through the creation, exchange, and application of new and enterprising ideas, services, and resources to benefit our students and the larger Davidson community.
- Collaboration: We collaborate and develop partnerships with the Davidson community and beyond, where services, resources, and ideas are created through teamwork, creativity, open communication, and mutual support.
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest personal and professional standards. We are honest and ethical in all that we do.
- Accountability: We assume individual and collective responsibility for completing tasks and achieving measurable results in pursuit of our goals.
Contact Information & Hours
Location: Suite 201, Alvarez College Union
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Student Walk-In Hours: Monday - Friday, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.