We are committed to making a Davidson education affordable. Financial aid packages typically include a combination of grants, scholarships, and student employment. You and your family must apply each year.
We evaluate each need-based financial aid application according to these guiding principles:
- You and your family have the primary responsibility for college costs, to the extent of your ability
- Your ability may be determined through assessment of your CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Financial need is the estimated annual cost of attending Davidson minus your family's estimated annual contribution
As a need-based aid applicant, you must notify us of the amount and source of all non-Davidson awards you receive. As a rule, outside awards will replace rather than augment the need-based financial aid package we have offered.
Submit the following forms:
- 2015-16 CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (code 5150). Available October 1, 2014. (Used to determine institutional aid eligibility.)
- 2015-16 FAFSA (federal code 002918). Available January 2, 2015. (Used to determine federal and state aid eligibility.)
- Signed copy of the parental and student 2014 federal income tax return, with all forms, schedules, and W-2 forms – submitted to the CollegeBoard's IDOC Service.
You may also be requested to submit:
- Noncustodial parent PROFILE (if natural parents are divorced or separated)
- Business/Farm Supplement (if parents own a business and/or a farm)
- Corporate/partnership tax return (if parents file this type of return)
Please note: We receive PROFILE and FAFSA data electronically. You do not need to submit copies of these forms. If you only wish to be considered for federal and state aid programs, you only need to file the FAFSA.
- When you file your PROFILE you will receive an email from the College Board explaining how to submit your tax returns and other forms that may be required.
- If corrections need to be made to your PROFILE after you submit it, the Financial Aid Office will make the corrections using your 2014 tax return information.
By November 14: Submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE for Early Decision Plan 1.
In December: Financial aid decision letters are mailed to admitted Early Decision 1 students who are need-based applicants.
By January 2: Submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE for Early Decision Plan 2.
In February: Financial aid decision letters are mailed to admitted Early Decision 2 students who are need-based applicants.
By April 15: Submit the 2015-16 FAFSA using financial information from your completed 2013 federal income tax returns. Also submit signed copies of federal income tax returns (include all forms, schedules and W-2 forms) to the CollegeBoard's IDOC Service.
Early February: Complete your 2014 federal income tax returns.
By February 16: Submit the 2015-16 CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE.
By February 16: Submit the 2015-16 FAFSA using financial information from your completed 2014 federal income tax returns.
By February 16: Submit signed copies of 2014 federal income tax returns (include all forms, schedules and W-2 forms) to the CollegeBoard's IDOC Service.
March and April: Preliminary financial aid decision letters are sent to all on-time applicants.
May 1: National Candidates Reply Date. Send your deposit to the college of your choice!