We are committed to making a Davidson education affordable. Financial aid packages typically include a combination of grants, scholarships, and student employment. You and your family must apply each year.
We evaluate each need-based financial aid application according to these guiding principles:
- You and your family have the primary responsibility for college costs, to the extent of your ability
- Financial ability may be determined through assessment of your CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Financial need is the estimated annual cost of attending Davidson minus your family's estimated annual contribution
As a need-based aid applicant, you must notify us of the amount and source of all non-Davidson awards you receive. As a rule, outside awards will replace rather than augment the need-based financial aid package we have offered.
Submit the following forms:
- 2014-15 CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (code 5150)
- 2014-15 FAFSA (federal code 002918) will be available January 1, 2014.
- Signed copy of the parental and student 2013 federal income tax return, with all forms, schedules, and W-2 forms - submitted to the CollegeBoard's IDOC Service.
You may also be requested to submit:
- Noncustodial parent PROFILE (if natural parents are divorced or separated)
- Business/Farm Supplement (if parents own a business and/or a farm)
- Corporate/partnership tax return (if parents file this type of return)
Please note: We receive PROFILE and FAFSA data electronically. You do not need to submit copies of these forms.
Additionally, when you file your PROFILE you will receive an email from the College Board explaining how to submit your tax returns and other forms that may be required.
By November 15: Submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE for Early Decision Plan 1.
In December: Financial aid decision letters are mailed to admitted Early Decision 1 students who are need-based applicants.
By January 2: Submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE for Early Decision Plan 2.
In February: Financial aid decision letters are mailed to admitted Early Decision 2 students who are need-based applicants.
By April 15: Submit the 2014-15 FAFSA using financial information from your completed 2013 federal income tax returns. Also submit signed copies of federal income tax returns (include all forms, schedules and W-2 forms) to the CollegeBoard's IDOC Service.
Early February: Complete your 2013 federal income tax returns.
By February 15: Submit the 2014-15 CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE.
By February 15: Submit the 2014-15 FAFSA using financial information from your completed 2013 federal income tax returns.
By February 15: Submit signed copies of 2013 federal income tax returns (include all forms, schedules and W-2 forms) to the CollegeBoard's IDOC Service.
March and April: Preliminary financial aid decision letters are sent to all on-time applicants.
May 1: National Candidates Reply Date. Send your deposit to the college of your choice!